I18n DBpedia Mapping Tool
The DBpedia Mapping Tool helps users create mappings between Wikipedia Templates and DBpedia ontologies, through a browser-based graphical user interface.
Briefly, the tool supports the following functions:
- Creating a new mapping
- Editing an existing mapping
- Importing a mapping from plain text
- Saving a mapping to the DBpedia site
- Mappings validation
- Creating new ontology classes
- Enhancing existing ontologies with new properties
With the support of the Web Science Master Program, organized by the Mathematics Department of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, the Mapping Tool has gained some new functionality. In particular, under the supervision of the “Knowledge Processing in the Web” course instructor, Dr. Charalampos Bratsas, the following features were contributed:
- Full compatibility with the Greek and, in general, every international branch of DBpedia
- Support for switching the current language within the application environment
- Compatibility for any Wikipedia-supported language added in DBpedia, in the future
- Testing the mapping against existing articles that implement the selected Wikipedia Template.
The changes were initially discussed with DBpedia developers on the respective mailing-list (http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=dbpedia-developers) and then designed and implemented by graduate students Dimitris Kontokostas and Lazaros Ioannidis. The team plans to further enhance the functionality of the graphical interface of the application and introduce some new features as well.